Children’s Music Director
First Presbyterian Church
Sioux City, Iowa
Title: Children’s Music Director
Purpose: To be responsible for the teaching and sharing of music during worship by the children. (Ages 3 yrs - 5th grade)
Reports to: The Children’s Music Director is accountable to the Pastor as Head of Staff and to the Director of Music.
1. Direct rehearsals and presentations monthly September through May. (Practice time is during Sunday morning.)
- Coordinate and lead music for VBS and the following Sunday worship.
- Select the music to be performed by the children.
- Notify the office of the music selections so they can be printed for the church bulletin. Notify the Director of Music so she can include the titles in the music article for The Light. This would include composer, arranger, title and lyrics to be printed in the bulletin. Deadline for The Light is Monday and deadline for the bulletin is Tuesday.
- Secure a substitute when necessary and/or coordinate with the Christian Education Director.
- Coordinate any “special musical performances” with the other First Presbyterian Church music personnel.
- Attend monthly staff meetings, monthly Worship and Music Committee meetings and any other meetings required of the staff and Worship and Music Committee.
- Provide an annual report in regards to children’s music ministry.
- Work with Music and Worship Committee in preparing a budget.
- Be responsible for maintaining musical instruments used in the children’s music program.
- Be acceptable to any other responsibilities that the Music Director deems necessary.
Starting pay is $2,500/annual.
This position is accountable to the Session’s Worship Committee and the Pastor and reports to the Sunday School Director.
- arriving in Creche at appointed time each Sunday morning or other agreed upon times and caring for infants and children up to approximately five years of age. Staying until all children have been picked up by parents or responsible adults. Never leave children unattended.
- being dependable and prompt in carrying out job, including reasonable advance notices of absences. Creche attendants must secure their own subs and call Sunday School Director of any schedule changes.
- being flexible on job hours should an emergency occur.
- ability to work alongside other Creche Attendants.
- relaying parental or environmental concerns to appropriate church staff or Sunday School Director.
Please send your resume to First Presbyterian Church, 608 Nebraska Ave, Sioux City, Iowa or call 712-255-8919 for an appointment. You can email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org