Church Fellowship Cook/Coordinator
First Presbyterian Church
Sioux City, Iowa
Title: Church fellowship cook/coordinator
Purpose: To be responsible for the menu, purchasing groceries, preparation and serving of the Wednesday night meal, VBS program and quarterly congregational meals
Reports to: The Church fellowship cook/coordinator shall report to the Office Administrator or the Head of Staff in the absence of the Office Administrator.
1. Plan, prepare, and serve Wednesday night dinners, serve VBS meals/snacks and plan, prepare and serve the quarterly congregational meals
- Purchase food and supplies as needed
- Assist in cleaning cooking utensils used in meal preparation and clean up
- Report to Office Administrator budget needs for dinners
- Time Commitment – 3 pm to 6 pm each Wednesday there is a meal. There are approximately 32 meals per academic year. (Second Wednesday of September through third Wednesday of May) also VBS hours during the summer and the quarterly congregational meals
- Compensation - $10/hour
This position is accountable to the Session’s Worship Committee and the Pastor and reports to the Sunday School Director.
- arriving in Creche at appointed time each Sunday morning or other agreed upon times and caring for infants and children up to approximately five years of age. Staying until all children have been picked up by parents or responsible adults. Never leave children unattended.
- being dependable and prompt in carrying out job, including reasonable advance notices of absences. Creche attendants must secure their own subs and call Sunday School Director of any schedule changes.
- being flexible on job hours should an emergency occur.
- ability to work alongside other Creche Attendants.
- relaying parental or environmental concerns to appropriate church staff or Sunday School Director.
Please send your resume to First Presbyterian Church, 608 Nebraska Ave, Sioux City, Iowa or call 712-255-8919 for an appointment. You can email your resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org